• Is the furthest west-point of Turkey - Ince Burun so it has an island which has a wonderful scenery because of the sun set.
• From the point of view of the drinkable water sources it is the richest islands of the Aegean Sea.
• It is the largest island of Turkey.
• It is the most beautiful island from the point of view the cleanliness of the coast it has.
• It is an area which has plently of assorted fish in Turkey.
It is an area of 289.5 in kilometers. The length of North-Sourth is 13
kms and it has a length of 29.5 kms. East-West . ıt is far from about 33 miles Canakkale but 14 miles
from Kabatepe Sea Port on the peninsula of Gelibolu , 16 miles from a Greek island Limni 14 miles from
an island named Samothrace.
Gokceada is the 4th island of the world from the point of plenty of fresh
water sources in the world (drinkable water).
Island has 9 villages and a township centre. These are Kalekoy , Eskibademli ,
Zeytinlikoy , Tepekoy , Derekoy , Ugurlu , Eselek and Sirinkoy. The population of the centre is 7100 the
number of inhabitants of the villages is 1500. but during the time Of the winter it is about 10000 (population).